When you execute a search in the classic library catalog on a regular basis, try saving it as a “Preferred Search” in your library account so that you are notified of new arrivals on that topic by email. You can save any sort of search: keyword, author, call number, and Library of Congress subject headings.
For example, if you are interested in receiving emails whenever materials about seventeenth-century Dutch art are added to the collection, find the Library of Congress subject heading for seventeenth century Dutch art, which is Art, Dutch 17th Century, and then:
- Log into your account via the View Account link and click on Search the Catalog:
- Follow these steps:
1) Verify you are logged in to your library account.
2) Select the type of search and enter the search terms. Click Search.
3) Click the “Save as Preferred Search” button.
4) Click the “Return to Your Record” link.
- In your account, click on Preferred Searches on the left side of the screen, then click in the “Mark for Email” box, and then on the “Update List” button:
- Thereafter, whenever new materials with this subject heading are added to the classic library catalog, you will get an email notification.